Monday, February 4, 2008

Poor, Poor KitchenAid

*****EXCLAIMER******This post is not about a human being!!!

It is with a heavy heart I submit this post. Saturday evening we had a loss in our home. Yes, my KitchenAid mixer burned out. A KitchenAid burned out you say? Is that possible? Well yes it is apparently, and guess what? It is the second time it has happened to said KitchenAid. The first time we got it fixed...supposedly. This time we decided it is not worth another $100 to get it fixed, just to have it burn out 6 months later. I have had this KitchenAid since we were first married, almost 10 years now. Quite a long time right? Well the thing is, if you know anything about KitchenAid mixers they DON'T die, atleast they aren't supposed to. My mother in law has had hers for three times as long as I have and she has run hers into the ground, grinding wheat, making bread, cookies, mashed potatoes, anything you can think of, some times all in the same day! Is hers dead? Has hers burned out...ever? NOPE!! Dave's Grandma has had one three times as long as my mother in laws that she too has used profusely, is hers dead? Has hers burned out...ever? NOPE!! I think she finally bought a new one, but not because her old one wouldn't work anymore!! Do you ever notice when you don't have something that you have had for so long you really, really miss it. Well, I really, really miss my KitchenAid, and who knows when I will get to replace it.


We had to stick it outside, it was stinking up the house so bad with it's burning oil.


This has got to be atleast a 3rd degree burn, right?


Poor, Poor KitchenAid all alone outside in the rain. You will be greatly missed my beautiful white mixing friend!

10 comments:

Cecily R said...

So sorry for your loss. :( Ours hasn't burned out but one of the attachments is permanently stuck to it. It's a pain to clean, but at least it works...

ShOrt StoRy said...

That's sad, why does it have to be the Kitchenaid, why couldn't it have been the iron or something! :)

MommyMert said...

Im surprised KitchenAid wouldnt try to help fix it ... hmm.. vEry sad! Should we pray for you and your loss? Send flowers at least?

Nicole said...

The thing is when I first got it, it was dripping small amounts of oil. I called KitchenAid on it, because of course I still had a warranty then. The lady told me it was Ok, and that it wouldn't hurt anything I was making if it got into it. Whatever! I think she just didn't know what she was talking about. I probably should have pursued it more way back then!

jamirodana said...

Go out and get a Bosch! I love mine! Haha.

jamirodana said...

Oh, I am sorry for your loss.

Lindy said...

That is a very sad loss. Well...Valentine's Day and Mothers' Day are not far off (hint hint Dave)!

Sarah said...

Bummer! I love mine and thought, as you did, that they were supposed to last forever. I guess that's a little false security eh! I'm sure you'll get a new one soon, and just think of all the colors you can choose from now! Mine is off white, I guess that will stand the test of time and changing styles, but whenever I see those fun colors I wonder how fun it would be to have one. Thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing your congrats.
Love, Sarah

Liz said...

I vote for light yellow or robin's egg blue. Oh, and my condolences to your kids and the decline in tasty treats that is sure to follow.

Peifer Family said...

Hi, this is Karen Peifer, Scott's wife...I don't know if you remember me or not, but I found you from the Hoffman's blog! Fun to see how you guys are doing and how your surviving here in Indy! That is a bummer about your Kitchen Aid...I don't have one, but I hear they are the best!