Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day

For those of you who don't like mushy things you probably don't want to read this post. Hey! It's Valentine's Day who better to write about then my valentine. Dave and I went on our first date 10 years ago yesterday. One of my best friends got married 10 years ago today. (Happy Anniversary Allie and B) Dave was kind and went to the reception with me, however he totally forgot it was Valentines Day, and I wasn't going to say anything, it was only our 2nd date. The next day he called me very sorry that he had forgotten. No worries, I still got to be with him. 5 months later, almost to the day we were married.

Sometimes Dave gets to read our blog and sometimes he doesn't. However I just wanted to tell him how much I love him. How great of a guy I think he is. How wonderful of a provider he has been and continues to be. How outstanding of a dad he is to our little boys. How I notice all his hard work and effort ALL the time. I know that I married up! I feel very blessed and a little lucky to have landed such a great guy to be with for all of eternity. I LOVE YOU DAVE!!
Now, I had put in this next picture to show you how sweet he can be. This was done on his way to school one chilly morning. Sometimes it is just the little things.

Since it is Valentine's day I have decided to show you all what Dave decided to get me. Most of you can probably guess considering a couple posts ago I told you of my "tragic loss." Thank you all for your condolences by-the-way! Hee-Hee.
Yes, that is a Pirates of the Caribbean valentine card. I am as we speak getting ready to make some delicious heart shaped sugar cookies, topped with pink forsting. (Dave's favorites)

Thank you Dave for being so thoughtful, you're the bestist!!

6 comments:

MommyMert said...

Hooray for the mixer!! I hope you get to break it in lots and lots... :)

Andrea said...

Presh (short for precious)
P.S. Love the Kitchen Aid!

Lindy said...

...any excuse for an upgrade, right?!!! Happy baking!

jamirodana said...

Awwwwwww..that's cute that he wrote on your windshield. Nice gifts! It's like Christmas in February!!
Dave is a great guy! I always remember him as a super happy, friendly guy who waved at us across the 1400 court on his way home from school.

Steve and Katie said...

K - so you need to have Dave have a chat with Steve. I've been telling him I want a Kitchen Aid since we got married, and I have yet to see one! Thats great though - glad you guys are doing so well, I'll be better once it decides to warm up a bit! I'm freezing over here!

Liz said...

Oh, I am so happy for you! I'm glad that you (and your family) didn't have to go too long without the Kitchen Aid, and that you put it to use right away.

Dave IS a good man.