Thursday, January 31, 2008

Books, Books Everywhere and Not A Thing To Read

So I finally got these next pictures downloaded so I could share a little story. The other day I was in the kitchen getting dinner ready. The boys had been having a less than great afternoon as far as getting along with eachother goes. So I declared a "quiet time" so I could try and get dinner pulled together. The boys were all in the front room, and as far as I could tell they were playing nice and being good for so late in the afternoon, which traditionally is meltdown, breakdown, whining time in our house, and the boys aren't usually so good either! Anyway, after a few minutes of "too quiet" I went in to check on them. Now, in our house we have a one book at a time rule. You get a book, you read the book, you put the book back. I guess they forgot. This was the first thing I saw.

This was the second...
How can you get mad at that? Well, I didn't and after some persuasion, and "I don't know how's" they helped me put them all back! (The couch cushions too)
I really do love my boys!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey...I think you are wonderful. I am lucky to be married to you!!
Thanks for being such a good mom to our boys!!

Adri said...

Um my apartment looks like that all the time. I totally need a one book at a time rule.

Liz said...

Nice reference to the Rime of the Ancient Mariner, girl! I agree with Dave, thanks for being such a great mom to your boys.

Craig and Janalyn said...

Hey guys! Your boys are so cute. You know what I decided? Book messes are ok as long as they are being nice and being quiet. Cute story.

Evans Family said...

I am so glad that you found our blog. It is fun to see how fast your boys are growing up. I hope that Indiana is treating you well! I am finding that boys have a harder time keeping books on the shelves than girls. Also, Zach seems to have a fettish with ripping books just to see how it sounds. Have you experienced this with your boys?

Emmy Bludorn said...

We have a one book at a time rule... It's always ignored.

Lindy said...

Speaking of books, did you ever find anyone with "Eclipse"? I still haven't figured out who borrowed it from me.

Cute boys! We love having Caden in Sunbeams!