Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm your best friend?

So recently Caden has started saying to me, "I won't be your best friend" if you don't or if you won't something or an other. At first I was a little hurt, how could such a sweet boy say something so un-sweet? Then after hearing it a few times I got to thinking, he thinks of me as his best friend. How great is that? How long will this last? He still loves to cuddle, he sporadically tells me that he loves me, he will be walking away and say "oops I verygot (forgot) something" and come back to where I am and give me a kiss. I look at him every day and sometimes find myself staring at him in amazement. Where has the time gone? When did my baby turn into such a big boy.

7 comments:

MommyMert said...

Oh my... that is one angelic face. How can you not love that little one? :) Mmm... love him, love you.

Summers Family said...

How sweet is that! How does Dave fit in to Caden's perspective? How are you doing? It has been a while since you blogged, hope everything is wonderful for you.

mardymeans said...

That's exactly how I feel about my little boy, Weston!! He always says way cute things to me too, his new thing is, "Mommy I want to give you my heart forever!" I could just die! He is getting so big and he is so sweet, but he's growing up way to fast!!

Pamela said...

Cute, I am glad that he loves you so much. I know what you mean about growing up, it happens way too fast! How is Dave's ankle?

Chaunda and Jeremy said...

Hey Nicole! Thanks for sending me your blog. It's way cute. This post made me laugh because Ella does the same thing except it's "unless you do this or that, I won't be your daughter anymore." How do they come up with these things?? Check out our blog: sojobiggs.blogspot.com
Glad you're doing well!

Jayne said...

Nicole,
Thanks for responding! For some reason, your blog doesn't show up if you click on your name and I forgot the link since I always clicked on your name. Anyway, I've missed checking up on you! I think this is such a sweet post. I always tell Parley--"promise you'll always love me like you do now!" I love to see pictures of you and your family, you are all so cute!

Groff Family said...

That is so cute. What a dolly you have.

If you are interested, a friend of mine from high school could probably draw from your experience with your twins being born early. She recently gave birth to twins at 32 weeks. One was still-born and the other is in the NICU and just had a heart surgery. She's devastated, of course, and so frustrated with not being able to "bond" with the baby in NICU.

Anyway, I thought if anyone could relate, it would be you. She has a care page at http://www.carepages.com/carepages/KargFamilyUpdates You would have to sign up for an account to access it, but anyone can.

No worries if it's not your thing, I just thought I would pass it along!