Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to You!!

Well, my baby turned four today. I can't believe it. Four years have come and gone so quickly. After our situation with Austin and Taylor I was a little hesitant to want to have any more kids. Dave and I felt that it was the right thing to do however and we had Caden. Caden was and is such a blessing to me. He is the one who helped me break the nurse shell and be able to really come out and feel like a mother. He has always been a sweet, patient little boy. He still loves to snuggle with me (which I love) and he is very kind to his brothers. Caden is a talker, if you will listen he will talk to you. Caden loves to play pretend and is so funny when he makes up stories. Caden we love you. You hold a very special place in our family. Happy Birthday! First thing, and I mean 7:00am we all got up before Dave had to go to school and opened prizes. He was thrilled with everything. I wasn't going to do anything like a party for him this year because he really didn't ask for one or seem to care about it. However, when Dave told me is was going to have to be in lab until 6:00pm I started feeling bad that he wasn't going to have a good b-day. I called a bunch of little friends and invited them to Chuck E. Cheeses for a get together. I got a yummy Costco cake and bought a ton of tokens. Everyone I called ended up coming. 19 kids (including babies) plus their mommies. 28 in all I think. Caden thought it was fantastic. Thanks to all of you who came and helped make his day so great. It was a little crazy, but I appreciate all of you. When we got home Caden got to talk to Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Bob on the phone and open his gift from them. Remember the burned monkey story from an earlier post? Well, Grandma made him a replacement. You will see by the picture how excited he was to have it. When Dave came home and per Caden's request we went to a McDonald's play place for dinner. It was a great day.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

oh man, I love that Caden. He looks like he is going to cry for joy holding that monkey. his Imaginex Jungle looks SWEET and I am so glad that the party was a success!

Groff Family said...

I can't believe he is already four! Has it been that long since we left the village? Unbelievable! It sounds like it was a great day, and I am glad that Caden got a replacement monkey. How sweet of your grandma!

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stefani said...

You are such an amazing mom. Have I ever told you that? You have more patients than I could ever dream of having. You have been celebrating alot lately. Are your summers always this crazy?

MommyMert said...

Hooray!! Happy Birthday Dude! :)

jamirodana said...

Awww...he's not a baby anymore! He looks so grown up!
I miss hanging out Nicole.

Craig and Janalyn said...

Hey Nicole! I had fun getting caught up on you guys and your fun summer! I loved all the pictures! You have such a great little family, we miss you!