Tuesday, July 15, 2008

OK, here it goes...

So I think I might have to make this post a series of posts. I went through ALL our pictures last night and I narrowed it down to 91 pictures. Yes that is narrowed down, a lot! I do this not only for family and friends to see but for my own journal records. If you want to read than read, if you want to look than look, if not I won't know so I won't be offended. Fair enough? Here we go. On June 3rd (my birthday, I turned 29) I was busy packing and getting ready for our departure the next day. The boys were being less than helpful so Dave decided to make paper boats and sail them in the creek in our back yard.

After a nice plane ride we landed in LA, stayed the night and headed up to Las Vegas. We stayed at the Stratosphere and got to go up to the very top.
We had a nice visit with Dave's brother Jake and then headed towards Utah. On our way, driving through no mans land, Caden needed to go potty. I was so excited!! This was going to be our first outdoor peeing experience. I know, I am a little weird, so weird in fact that I took pictures. I love the expression on his face in the second one, kinda like "you took a picture of that?" Yes I did, and I might use it for bribery some time in the future!!
We arrived safely in Park City where we would be staying for the next week. We got a steal on a villa at Mountainside Resort. Dave's mom was there (from Hawaii) and Dave's sister Andrea was there with her family (Eric, Sterling and Kerrie Ann). The place was so nice and we all fit with room to play. It wasn't very warm in Park City, but we couldn't let a perfectly good pool go to waste.
We also took the boys on the Alpine slide. It was fun, but they have slowed it WAY down. It was a little disappointing, but probably best with the kids.


One of our days we went to see Horton Hears a Who and feed the ducks at Sugarhouse Park, Caden sat right in fresh goose poop.
Another day we all went to a bounce house. We had taken the boys to this same place before but it was too hard for them to climb up to the top. This time they had no problem. It was just another reminder of how much they have and are still overcoming. We had a blast. As you can see Caden was a little hesitant to leave. On the way to go bouncing we stopped and got a shave ice at our favorite shave ice stand. It was a pretty cold day, but we had to get one!!
Ok, that is enough for the first part. Stay tuned, I will try and have the next episode up in a couple of days.

3 comments:

MommyMert said...

Dave and You look so cute together.. What a dang cute family! :)

jamirodana said...

It looks like you had a good trip to Utah, where I am. Okay, I know we can't all see everyone who comes to town!
I remember your favorite shaved ice place. Isn't it on 21st south by Rite Aid?
You all look great and I like your hair like that. Cute.

Andrea said...

Oh man! What a great trip. I love you guys!