Monday, March 31, 2008

Really Long Post With A Lot of Pictures

I can't believe that after only 10 days I have so much to write about, but I do so here it goes. On the 22nd the Cannon's came for a fun Easter time visit. The Cannon's are Eric, Andrea, Sterling, and Kerrie Ann. Andrea is Dave's sister. They left their home in Virgina the afternoon of the 21st and drove straight through and arrived at our house around 1am. Saturday morning we had a yummy breakfast and got ready to go to the zoo. It was cold and a little rainy but still fun. A lot of the animals were not out and the train wasn't running, but we made the most of it and the kids really could have cared less.


Since the train was not running we went over to Riley (the children's hospital) to ride the People Mover that connects three of the hospitals in the area. It sounds kinda silly but the kids LOVED it!
Sunday was Easter and it was a great day. Dave didn't have early morning meetings which was really nice and I had a lot of fun getting the boys dressed in their Easter wear. Taylor and Austin have shown a recent desire to wear Dave's ties. So I decided to get them their own. I can't believe how a tie and a belt can make someone look so grown up!
After church we tired to get a picture of the cousins in their nice clothes. This is the best one...OK not really but I am not posting the "real" one yet. The "real" one is part of a gift for someone who is to go nameless, so I am going to wait until unsaid person gets it.
The next activity was coloring eggs, this didn't turn out like I had expected, but it was still pretty fun. Then we decorated craft bags with stickers for our Easter baskets. While we were doing this activity the Easter Bunny came and left tons of treats and prizes.
This is the kids acting like bunnies before they went hunting.

How cute is she?

Right before this, he was playing these "flutes" with his nose!! Now that's talent.
We had a great time and a yummy traditional dinner with Honey glazed ham, funeral potatoes, green bean casserole, home made rolls, and triple layer lemon pie for desert. It was soooo good, if I do say so myself.
Monday Dave had to go to school, and Austin and Taylor went until 1, when we picked them up and went to the Children's Museum. I still can't believe how much there is to do there, you definitely leave exhausted but fulfilled.


Tuesday morning the Cannon's packed up and went home. The first thing Taylor said when he got home from school and they weren't here was "where is Sterling? I want him to play with us" I am so glad that they had such a nice time with their cousins, family is such and important factor of life. I am so grateful to be part of such a great family!! Oh and in case I haven't said it lately, I really do love living in Indiana. When I think of all the other places we applied to for school, I smile to think that we got into the school that fits us perfectly. Dave found this neat picture of our downtown.
OK, just a couple more things...I know this is really long. Saturday the boys got invited to a birthday party for one of their friends. It was a pirate party and it must have been fantastic because it is all they have been talking about since. They are still wearing their vests and playing with their swords.
And last but certainly not least. Caden has decided it is OK to wear underwear and go potty in the toilet. After so much resistance from him, and way to much putting it off. I finally decided it had to be done. There was a little crying and fighting when I first tried to get the diaper off and the underwear on, but now he tells me when he needs to go (he even told his primary teacher yesterday at church) and he gets sad when he has to take his underwear off at night. YEAH!! Good work Caden!!! No more diapers for you.


Whew! Did you make it through all of that? Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

jamirodana said...

It looks like you had a fantastic Easter. I wish I had family that lived closer so they could come stay with us. Maybe Andrea doesn't live so close. I forgot that they drove straight through.
Downtown looks pretty at night. Good picture find.
I just drove past the village today and many memories came back to me. We are going to the White's tonight to play games with them and the Dicataldo's. I haven't seen them in a long time so it should be fun.

Jill said...

Believe it or not, we get the people mover thing. When Emma was in Riley, we took lots of trips on the people mover to break the time up for the boys when they were visiting. Whenver we had to go to the outpatient center, they would always beg me to take a ride! Not bad for "free", huh?

MommyMert said...

I made it, and I loved it! You are so beautiful! Wowsers--Dave is a lucky man (You tell him I said so!) Your boys are a riot, and its great they had such a good time with the cousins. Its fun to see pictures of A. I havent seen her forever. Glad you had a good Easter! Miss ya, Love ya. xo

Elaine said...

N~
Your boys look SO handsome in their Easter outfits complete with ties and belts! It is amazing how little details like that make them look so grown up!
~E

Lindy said...

It's fun to see all the pictures...besides, these posts are for your memories! It sounds like you've been putting the KitchenAid Professional to good use!!!

The White House said...

What a fantastic time for you all. You have a great amount of energy to keep up with it. Your boys look so handsome in their Easter outfits, so glad to see that you could have some family time. Thanks for finding me it'll be good to keep up on your family happenings.

Cecily R said...

What a great Easter you had!! I love how often you Felts get together even though you live so far apart!

And as for the picture with the kids in their Easter best? I LOVE IT. It's the one I'd want if I were the secret person getting a gift...:)

Evans Family said...

I totally agree with the tie and belt comment. They make little boys look so grown up.

EBD said...

Wow! Great post. I can't believe all that you get done in a day - you are so amazing. I could almost hear your cute voice as I read this. It made me miss you. It sounds like you are having lots of fun. Your boys are growing up so much!

Stefani said...

I found your blog through Sarah's. I love it. Your boys are so handsome. We are trying out the potty training thing right now. So far so good. A few accidents but nothing horrible.