Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas break

Dave has this game called Rampage, it is a monster game where you jump on buildings and try and earn points. Caden has recently taken an interest in this game and is pretty good. We looked on line to get the code to unlock all the monsters so he has more than 4 to choose from. He was asking me if I could look up the codes again so I could unlock the monsters. I told him I didn't need to look it up because the code was in my head. This is what he did next...looking for the code! Silly kid.

Dave's big project this semester was to make a set of dentures. He worked really hard and did a great job, see... by the way, they were washed really good between mouths! They are sure nice and straight, but I am super glad Dave's teeth don't really stick out like that!
Our ward had a nice Christmas party with a special guest, can you guess who it was? We have pictures of all the boys, but Caden was the only one who looked.
We went to cut down our Christmas tree again this year. It is such a fun thing. It was kinda windy, and cold, but we had a great time being together.

The boys really wanted to put candy canes on the tree this year.
Caden got this funny straw from his class party, silly hua? I love how he looks so serious even though he thought it was so funny!
Christmas Eve I attempted a traditional German dinner, three different kinds of wurst (sausage) and hot potato salad. I am pleased to say that it was delicious. This was the first year I have had to do the wurst, so I was a little nervous. Christmas morning was fun, the boys really got into it this year. Caden and Austin forgot to wake us up before going downstairs, so that took some of the fun out of it for Dave and I but it was still great!

Well, that's all in a nut shell. Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas also!

7 comments:

MommyMert said...

Thanks for sharing! Love this family!

buffyvandabailey said...

That Caden is hilarious. Love the picture. We really miss you guys.

We did a German dinner also (for Christmas day). Didn't do wurst, but did do German potato salad, rotkohl, and stollen. I love German food. Glad to see another family agrees with me! :-)

Jayne said...

Such a cute family Nicole. I'm proud of you for the German dinner!

Emmy Bludorn said...

I love the dentures. Those glasses are great, too; I want to get some for me.
Glad y'all had a fun Christmas.

Craig and Janalyn said...

We miss you guys! I love all the pictures, what a fun Christmas you had!! I laughed so hard at the denture pics... so so funny.

mardymeans said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome Christmas! I love the dentures, good job Dave! And your tree was so pretty!

Pamela said...

Hey, I love the glasses. Most dads go to work and do paperwork, Dave makes teeth, super fun!